informative essay format
Sample Introduction #2: This essay explores the history of Ireland from the perspective of its iconic castles.
Ireland is a country steeped in history. In fact, its history dates beyond 3,000 B.C, when the megalithic tombs were constructed in Newgrange. Throughout the country’s expansive evolution, the Irish fought time and again to maintain their independence as a sovereign nation. Evidence of the rich history is clearly visible through its many castles, including Leighlinbridge Castle and Carlow Castle, two of Ireland’s oldest establishments.
- Never select a broad topic like love or respect. A narrow topic such as the worst place to sit in the office will be a bad choice too – try to achieve a happy medium by selecting, for example, an informative essay on the victories of Alexander or ways to cook Italian dishes.
- Avoid topics you have no interest or competence – the author should sound professional and experienced when explaining how to do things/what they mean.
- Engage the audience by checking whether the potential topic is relevant in your society.
- Go through the assignment guidelines and informative essay examples before getting started. Even if a student is an expert in the selected field, he/she may still need to conduct in-depth research to discover the ways to cite and reference sources in academic writing (read more about MLA).
The outline may look this way:
Informative essays become very successful if the essay writer selects a subject that interests them as well as the audience.
Think about some of the best movies produced. Most of these masterpieces likely ended with a cliffhanger-filled with suspense and awe. This mystery leaves movie watchers with something to talk about as they exit the theater while also leaving room for a possible sequel. Essays should arouse the same type of excitement. If the reader wants to know more, one can safely say that the goal of crafting an interesting and authentic informative essay has been accomplished.
Informative essay is a chance to explain important facts. You may choose three or five impressive essay themes. Create a final paper using a single one, which will give you good academic viewpoints and results. The best informative essay themes for college students include following ones:
- World poverty
- Advantages of procrastination
- Racism and sexism
- Teen pregnancy
One may argue that any academic essay in the world is an example of the informative essay as it provides specific information on a chosen topic. From one side, it is true, but this type of writing has its specific features. In the article below, the experts explain the way to write such assignment, provide examples, and share the top list of informative essay topics.
Cite every citation used in the text. Reference the sources. Provide each entry in the References page according to the required academic format (from MLA to Harvard).